Once a first version of the European core curriculum and the training material has been developed, it will be implemented and tested in two circles of pilot and consolidation trainings. The training sessions will be held at all four partner universities and will include participants from all strategic partners in each of them. The results of these trainings will be fed back to adjust and further develop the curriculum and the training material.
The first training sessions will be held at Technische Universität Berlin from 13th to 17th of January 2020.
If you are a Science, Engineering and Technology PhD candidate from…
…NTNU Trondheim, find more information about mindSET and contacts for application here
…PoliMi Milan, please use the following link for updates on the application process: http://www.dottorato.polimi.it/en/news-and-deadlines/news/article/23/training-the-mindset-523/
…TU Berlin, please apply here: https://www.tu-berlin.de/?id=209069.
…WUT Warsaw, please send your application to mindSET@pw.edu.pl.
More information can be found below. The application deadline is the 30th of November 2019. All applicants will be informed about the selection results within the first December week via email. This email will include organisational details.
We value diversity and encourage female PhD candidates and candidates with special needs to apply.
Are you ready to train your mindSET?
- You are a PhD candidate in the SET subjects?
- You would like to qualify in transferable skills?
- You would like to network internationally?
Take your chance to enhance your transferable skills in the areas of research ethics and good scientific practice, acquiring third-party funds and projects, project management, leadership and management, cooperation, communication & presentation, publication and promotion, innovation and entrepreneurial thinking and teaching methods.
We offer …
- a programme of transferable skills trainings for four PhD candidates in science, engineering and technology from each of our European partner universities per training
- pilot trainings in small groups with participants from mindSET´s four partner universities, Lab visits, interdisciplinary exchange with like-minded young researchers within Europe from SET disciplines
- Financial support for the participants from partner universities that have to travel to the respective training locations.
- improve your transferable skills in an international group of interdisciplinary, but like-minded junior researchers
- certificate of completion that can be credited in the PhD programmes at the respective partner universities
- For each pilot training (six will be announced during 2020), four PhD candidates from each of mindSET´s partner universities will be selected to participate. These candidates will receive a reimbursement of the travel expenses of up to 275 EUR per participant and a contribution for the living and housing expenses of up to 58 EUR per participant and per day (total of 5 days). Every travel grant is, therefore, valid up to 565 EUR.
First training week at TU Berlin (2 courses)
- Brilliant project idea – successful proposal? Writing compelling project proposals
Instructors: Dr. Anja Lietzmann (TUB) and Prof. Eryk Głodziński (WUT)
- Innovative Teaching Methods Instructors: Petra Nikol (TUB), Peer-Olaf Kalis (TUB) and N.N. (NTNU)
Second training week at Warsaw University of Technology (2 courses)
- Project Management Fundamentals
Instructors: Prof. Eryk Glodzinski (WUT) and Dr. Armando Beffani (PoliMi) (to be confirmed))
- Communication and Presentation
Instructors: Prof. Liliana Hawrysz (WUT) and Prof. Tim Sluckin (PoliMi) (to be confirmed)
Further trainings will be held at:
- NTNU (Trondheim) 25.-29. May 2020: Innovation and Entrepreneurial Thinking / Publication and Promotion
- PoliMi (Milan) 15.-19. June 2020: Leadership and Management / Research Ethics and Good Scientific Practice
Stay tuned for further updates on dates and courses!